Tuesday, June 11, 2013

French Provincial 6 Drawer Dresser



I picked up this little 6 drawer dresser a couple years ago, slapped on a coat of white paint and stuck it in my daughters room.  Here's a pic from the original online ad with its gold accents and covered in paint splatters and cobwebs.

My daughter was in desperate need of some storage space and so I didn’t bother finishing the dresser.  Like the little desk I recently refinished, it was certainly showing some wear.  Although I hadn’t planned to sell the dresser, I decided to refinish it after receiving a message from someone asking if I had a dresser she could buy from me.   (I have another one already lined up so my daughter won’t go without her storage space! ;)        

After wrapping each drawer and taping off the inside of the dresser (a lot of work, but something I've started to take the time to do!) I sanded the dresser down and resprayed it in a crisp white.  After some light distressing, I finished it with a glossy clear coat.



Crazy as it sounds, unwrapping freshing painted pieces feels like Christmas morning to me!

The original hardware got a fresh update in glossy white as well.

Again with the curvy legs! LOVE them!


I decided to line each of the drawers in the same black and white vinyl as my last desk makeover.  I feel it finishes off the drawers perfectly.


I hope this little dresser will work well in its new home.



Thanks for popping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them!