Monday, May 6, 2013

DIY Campout (Pottery Barn hack)



Here’s another DIY build I just finished.   


Our youngest son has been needing a bedside table since, well, he’s never had one, so forever!  Just for fun I decided to check out the Pottery Barn Kids furniture line.  I loved the look of their Camp Nightstand, but at $318 PER TABLE, I knew this would be another DIY project in the making.

Using the Pottery Barn table as my inspiration, I built a custom size one to fit our sons room.  Using my Kreg Jig to drill the pocket holes made assembly fairly quick and simple.  I glued/nailed some thin trim on the sides to match the inspiration pic.




Because he has a natural color wood bed in his room, I chose to build a wood top, routered a decorative profile along the edge and stained it to match.  I took the following picture at night and the flash is making the color look too red. I used the same router bit along the edge of the drawer front as well.


The rest of the table got a coat of primer, a couple coats of a custom mix blue latex and then a couple clear coats.   



I had an extra drawer pull in the garage and I think it works well on this side table.







 
I know this table will work perfectly in his room for his little clock, a small lamp and a few books.



And, another project complete!  

Thanks for popping by!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them!