Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nine Drawer Dresser




 I came across this dresser on a local online sale site.  This is the picture from the online ad:



I was immediately drawn to the details of the drawer fronts and the decorative molding along the front edges.  I was fortunate that my husband and a friend were able to help me pick up the dresser.  With 9 drawers, it’s big and HEAVY!  Plus, it was in a basement suite at the bottom of a LOT of stairs.  Yikes!

The dresser was in decent shape, but definitely had some wear showing.  Because I was going for a lightly distressed finished look, I didn’t bother attempting to fill in any of the nicks or dents.   I decided to just sand it down and coat it with primer.






After that came a few coats of a warm white latex paint and then I lightly distressed all the edges.  




To finish it, I rubbed on a finishing wax to protect it and give it a nice shine.




I liked the shape of the hardware – it just needed some updating which I gave it with a couple coats of Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. 


 Yes, I would have to say it's another successful transformation!  




Cristina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or comments? I'd love to hear them!